To encourage universal understanding of individual wellness and health both by motivating and educating members, potential members, government and the consumer as to the many social and economic benefits to be gained from the development of the Cyprus Spa Association.
- To help humanity through the promotion of spa wellness. To be recognized as the voice of the Cyprus Spa Industry, to attract and retain memberships fulfilling the educational, informational and networking need of its members in Cyprus.
- By the way of the tremendous potential that exist within the spa Industry, Cyprus Spa Association aims to represent its members in the most comprehensive way possible.
- To educate the public about the values of the spa experience and to engage their participation The spa experience is defined as â€œYour opportunity to relax, reflect, revitalise and rejoice and in doing so the Cyprus Spa Association aims to help to revitalize humanity.
- To raise awareness and define the spa experience.
- To directly engage the participation of the consumer, government and public sector, health and tourism boards as well as private sectors and corporations by way of promoting the spa experience across Cyprus.
- To be recognized globally as the active and true voice of the Cyprus Spa Industry.
- To develop sustainable relationships and work closely with all partners to help establish a strategy of Wellness and Health Tourism in all members.
- To inspire members and possible members as to the benefits of embarking on a program of wellness that promotes healthy living.
- To ensure continued positive growth of the Cyprus Spa Association as a whole, via members development.
- To facilitate communication between members.
- To ensure that all members are following agreed-upon standard operating procedures.
- To explore the formation of future members.
Standards and Practice
To improve and maintain high educational standards within the Cyprus Spa Industry to ensure that the people employed in the Cyprus Spa Industry are educated to a standard which will contribute to revitalizing humanity.
Aims and Objectives
- To offer an opportunity for members to develop a range of high level Spa skills.
- To provide an opportunity for members to develop and use a range of Spa skills and competence in an operational and management context.
- To encourage (provide) an International qualification that meets the needs of the spa industry.
- To maintain high standards of professionalism, competency, practices and advice on appropriate training for the Cyprus Spa Industry.
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of the skills of therapist.
- To encourage an effective carer path through all grades to senior management in Spa.
- To look at the current standards in international Spas and to build a database of the qualifications required for therapists working in Cyprus Spas.
- To find a benchmark for qualifications or facilities required for Cyprus Spa Association membership – for all Spas, Resort Spas, Hotel Spas, Day spas, Medical Spas.
- To produce Code of Standards and Practice for the Cyprus Spa Association.
- To collate different educational seminars, workshops or exchange programs within the Spa industry.
Aims and Objectives
- To create a marketing plan with the Cyprus Tourism Organization promoting Cyprus as a Spa destination.
- To establish a Cyprus Spa Association as a professional information and assistance center for professionals in Cyprus spa industry (statistics, market research, spa developments journalist/media etc)
- To promote joint marketing programs among spa clients.
- To support members with valuable spa related information.
- Cyprus Spa Association collects a data and information base with health- and spa related information with the following differentiation (specific information categories)
- Consumer research information, trends
- Industry information, trends
- Other interesting topics of spa business
- Journalist database
- Cyprus Spa Association conducts annual Market Research with its members and cooperates with education establishments to further research in the European Spa Industry.
- Information and press release regularly communicated to the press/media.
- Regular articles/features with International spa magazines.
- Cyprus Spa Association will prepare a newsletter twice a year targeted specifically for members and a comprehensive reference guide for spa users.